Wednesday, July 28, 2010

artwork to music.....

A few years ago, a friend of mine bought one of my paintings
and told me it reminded him of a song by Johnny Cash....
Since then I have fantasized having an art show
where the artwork reflected or was painted to a certain song....
alas....here we are today...
I have decided to have an impromtu art contest with
some fellow artists (anyone can join)
where we each take turns to pick a specific song
and then we each do a peice of artwork
listening to the song or reflecting the song etc.
(the person that picks the song decides what the rules are during their turn)
At the end of the deadline, we come together and compare our peices
some of us on the same page or maybe not (?)
anyway....
Here is my peice
"I Won't Back Down" (by Tom Petty)
(can you see the little dialysis tubes?)
see lyrics listed below

Well I won't back down
No I won't back down
You can stand me up at the gates of hell
But I won't back down

No I'll stand my ground, won't be turned around
And I'll keep this world from draggin me down
gonna stand my ground
and I won't back down

Chorus:
(and I won't back down)
Hey Baby, there ain't no easy way out
(and I won't back down)
Hey I will stand my ground
And I won't back down

Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin me around
But I'll stand my ground
And I won't back down

Chorus

*this song was recently talked about at a memorial for Chris Melnychuk (a fellow artist friend)
who recently passed away from tongue cancer. He had a strong will to live and it makes sense that he would enjoy this song. It inspires me to keep plugging along

No comments:

Post a Comment