Thursday, July 8, 2010

pancake syrup

It's that time of year again...CALGARY STAMPEDE

and lots of free pancake breakfasts...

I was in the grocery store yesterday and saw

three teenage boys in front of me in the check-out line....

They looked like they were probably 16 or 17 years old (but then I am a bad judge of age)....

They were each buying 4 bottles of pancake syrup....



My first thought was that they were hosting a pancake breakfast

and were sent to the store to get syrup....

But why were they each buying four bottles? I wondered....

Why didn't one guy buy all the bottles?

Perhaps they were each in charge of hosting their own breakfasts? hmmmm....

Then I noticed that they were having difficultly figuring out how much money to give the clerk....and she had to tell them where to grab their change (coin dispenser)....

Had they never been shopping before at the grocery store???

WEIRD....I thought

Then when I got up to the clerk, she told me that those boys were

from the Chec Republic and they were buying Maple Syrup to take back home.

It all made sense then....the four bottles each...and the currency /cash issue...

my perseption antenna was a little off!




No comments:

Post a Comment