Saturday, August 7, 2010

"Chant of a Poor Man"

There were 4 of us that painted....
the song chosen was:
"Chant of a Poor Man"
(by Leftfield)

The rules were to paint anything while listening to the song,
feeling the vibe of the song.... and complete it within an hour
.
I thought it was interesting that I have heard this song many times before (although I didn't know the name of the song)...but I always thought they were saying " charm of a woman" (instead of "chant of a poor man")
but that is no surprize...I am known to make up my own lyrics...
for example the song by Creedence Clearwater Revival -
"Bad Moon on the Rise"
I thought they were saying: " there's a bathroom on the right"
.
anyway, near the end of this song, he says "I'm somewhere else"
(which I LOVE)
or....he could be saying "I am so far out"
either way....it fits with the painting I created...


Here are the paintings done by the other artists

1 comment: