Tuesday, September 20, 2011

more new work....

I am delivering these new peices to Evanescence Gallery tomorrow. If you are interested in any of them, please contact Arlene @ 403.796.4873.

"Ascension"
I have been feeling pretty good lately...almost like I am flying....ascending into the warmth of the sun. I chuckle at this image because it looks like she has her head in the clouds. Sometimes I feel like my head is ALWAYs in the clouds!

 "Lotus Lovers"
Reminds me of my trip to Bali a few years ago.

 "My Hare Plane"
Two great loves of mine are rabbits and flying. I created the pilot first...not sure what he was riding (or flying) and then the rabbit appeared. When I was finished I struggled for a Title. I thought of "Rabbit Travel"...but it just didn't work...then I thought of "Have Hare Will Travel" (mimicing Have Gun Will Travel)...but that didn't work....and then all of a sudden HARE PLANE arrived.....so it became "My Hare Plane"

 "The Quiet One Liked to Wear Noisy Boots"
Have you ever had someone walking behind you that had really noisy boots...so loud that you have to turn around to take a look? This one is in honor of my husband who tends to be a quiet guy....but what lacks in verbal noise, he makes up with noisy slippers and the spoon clanking when he stirs his coffee every morning. My theory is that quiet people like to make noise to announce their presence.

 "Sharing the Magic"
I cry when I witness magic. It could be in the form of anything.....like kindness or sacrifice or vulnerbility. However it shows up...my eyes leak.

"The Comparison"
I love this one. I find myself doing the comparison alot. When I was physically challenged I would constantly compare my strength to those around me. In a way it was a form of measurement for me...to see how much I was improving. I also like to compare creative things to see how other people might approach solving the same problem. 
 
Evanescence Gallery - 61 - 8 Ave SE - High River, AB

No comments:

Post a Comment