Saturday, September 17, 2011

Kumihimo......japanese braiding

 This was my first attempt at Kumihimo - Japanese braiding
I was inspired to check this out because of a workshop that Teesha Moore is hosting at the Art Annex. It is called "All In A Cord" and taught by artist Keith Lo Bue. He is an amazing artist. I would love to go just to meet him & of course to learn the techniques.
Here is a link to the workshop:

 Unfortunately I am unable to go to the workshop (in Seattle). So I thought I would do a little research and see if I could teach myself. I looked for a book on the subject, but nothing in stock. So I checked out a few video's on You-Tube. Then I went to Michaels to buy a peice of craft foam....and made my own Kumihimo disk.
a real one looks like this:

I would like to learn how to do other braids.....like some of the ones that I saw on Keith Lo Bue's blog....
here are some pics from his blog...

 such a cool assemblage peice made from an old victorian children's shoe
Here's his finished peice titled: "To The Invisible Girl"

No comments:

Post a Comment