Monday, June 22, 2009

Jesse Reno workshop

JESSE RENO
Jesse Reno "Never Doubt Your Ability to See the Future" 24 x 48

I just got back from painting with Jesse Reno in Vancouver...
Here are some of my paintings...

this one is probably my fav......which guy is flying?
we started off applying paint to the surface with our fingers...
covering the entire surface with random colors
I haven't finger painted in a very long time
and it was FANTASTIC!!
remember?
running your hands through the gooey mess?
once we had our surfaces covered...then we starting adding shapes like eyes or circles....
then we outlined an image in the colored mess
making it the foreground and blocked out
the background with a solid color,
which was the hardest part because we were all
used to making the colored mess the background.
We also added bits of drawing with charcoal or black crayon
and oil pastels....and sometimes drawing with our eyes closed.

Here is the progression of one of Jesse's paintings...

Here is Jesse Reno with artist Lana Guerra

I can remember meeting Jesse for the first time...
I was fascinated by his hair....
(which is probably when my desire for dreadlocks started!)

Jesse & Leanne

THANK YOU to LEANNE
from Rubydog's Art House
for putting on this workshop...
taking great care of me & all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment