Wednesday, June 17, 2009

guilty pleasure....

well...I hate to admit it
but I have this guilty pleasure of secretly taking
a page from magazine while I wait at the dentist or doctors office.

Why is it that all the good articles or reference material
shows up at that moment in that magazine??

Sometimes the magazines are really old so its not like I can go buy
the same magazine....so I shamefully rip and tear.

It all started when I was waiting for my daughter at the
orthodontist...and I came across this great picture of a diamond....
It really inspired me and there was no way I could leave without
taking that image. So I painstaking started to rip the page from the
spine of the magazine...a 1/4 inch at a time so that no one
would notice. I have seemed to master that technique
pretty good now...(not that I do this alot)

BTW...Here is the painting that was inspired by the diamond picture....


I know...I know...how horrible it is for the next person that
comes along reading an article and they flip the page and the
end of their story is missing...I apologize.
That same thing has happened to me when I was using a phone book
at a pay phone...(payback I guess)

I do believe in the law of give and take...and the karma thing
so I understand that there will be some payback / balance created....
and I am ok with that.

Anyway...CHECK OUT this article from my recent dr ofc visit...
ELEPHANTS are so fascinating!
I love that fact that they are led by the oldest female! GIRL POWER

This article has rekindled my desire to go to Thialand
and stay at one of those elephant camps where you get
assigned an elephant and feed and care for them during your stay.
I LOVE that fact that elephants are so large but they are so gentle.

When I go...I will have to include a side trip to Bali of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment