Monday, July 13, 2009

working backwards....

Do you ever feel like you are working backwards?
Like having an art show for instance....

I think the regular progression of having an art exhibition would be to:
- paint a body of work...
- let it sit and gel...
- touch up as needed....
- contemplate the theme...
- pick the best pieces...
- set the time and date...
- book the show

as opposed to my experience:
- show gets booked (sometimes without my knowledge)...
- feature piece is frantically painted for the magazine promo...
- theme is contemplated (this is where my crystal ball comes in handy)...
- paint the rest of the paintings and pray that they match the theme and are dry in time for the show!

Well...I have to say...what ever my experience...the universe never lets me down. I was given a couple of days notice to come up with a feature piece and a theme and this is what arrived:




















44 DEEP - an introspection of the layers of our life experience or perhaps our surrounding aura. Excavating through the layers of paint (sometimes 44 layers deep) is like a journey inward searching for the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment